I propose the following:
The 24 Days of Giving
I want to highlight families who are fundraising for their adoption on my blog for the next 24 days. To be highlighted, just post a comment to this post with a link to your blog and some info about your adoption (i.e. where you are in the process, which country, how to contribute) and your family.
Remember, this is about giving - so this isn't the place for you to promote things you are doing/selling to fundraise, this is just pure GIFT. Each day from Dec 1 to Dec 24th, I will highlight one family on my blog. But here is the best part:
Remember, this is about giving - so this isn't the place for you to promote things you are doing/selling to fundraise, this is just pure GIFT. Each day from Dec 1 to Dec 24th, I will highlight one family on my blog. But here is the best part:
Our family will GIFT to one lucky family a sizable donation for their adoption.
It will be more than we spend on our entire family (of SEVEN) for this Christmas. We will put all of the family names in a hat and as a part of our Christmas Eve celebration, we will choose the lucky winner. I will announce the winner on my blog on Christmas Day.
So, spread the word to all your friends. And this isn't just for international adoptions, it is for domestic adoptions as well. And may we all enjoy the best GIFT of all this Christmas
JESUS
37 comments:
Donna- I'm not sure what to say. You're words have yes, left me in awe, and left me inspired. Thank you for daring to look different in our world so that others may see Jesus more clearly through you.
Donna, it is totally ok if you do not want to include us in your 24 Days of Giving. We won't start our fundraising in earnest till Jan 1 of next year. As it will take me that long to get organized and do some leg work. Although we've been saving and raising funds within our family for a couple years now. But I would understand if you wanted to only use families that are actively knee deep in the process.
But in the chance...
My husband and I had been privileged to be parents to 6 of the Lord's children, 4 kiddos home grown and the youngest two born half way across the world, and delivered to our arms through the blessing of special needs adoption from SaiGon, VietNam in 2008. They hope the Lord has plans for another special need’s adoption in their future and are currently forwarding their completed dossier to China. Donations can be made by contacting me via our family blog.
Dear Donna,
I posted yesterday about/for Randy and Rita Rippee (as their US contact right now and also because it was night there in China when I read your post on LCC and I wanted them to make sure to have them be entered--also, China can be difficult to navigate with the web at times!)
Rita has since read your site and is THRILLED and blessed by your giving hearts! She was elated to read your about this opportunity -- Please feel welcome to also email Rita directly at ritasblessings@gmail.com or rita@newdaycreations.com to contact her directly. She would be blessed to speak/email you personally.
Thank you again for spreading God's love this Christmas in such a beautiful far reaching way!
I think it is so great you all are doing this. Its very inspiring. We are Jason and Melissa P'Pool. We have 3 children. 2 bio daughters and a son from Guatemala. We have been LID in China since 2006. We are waiting for our time to come and in the meantime get our money together. If we can go ahead and get it together we are going to do a SN adoption.
Thanks so much.
God Bless You.
You are so inspiring. What a great Christmas gift and example of the believers.
Wow. I am in awe of this post.
We are the Mattson's, Eric and Bridget, in Alaska. We have four biological sons and had decided to adopt as young as possible as minor need as possible next year, but the Lord moves in mysterious ways:) We saw the picture of a four and a half year old girl on an advocacy blog and spent the next week making sure that we could get her the care she needs. The pediatric cardiologist that reviewed her file at John's Hopkins said the the issue now is time, she will be five in the late spring and as time goes on with a diseased heart the likelihood of irreparable damage to her lungs increases.
She has a severe heart defect, actually more than one, that needs open heart surgery, if there isn't too much damage already done to her lungs. We are trying to bring her home as fast as we can, but were not planning to do it this soon, financially. We are in the homestudy process, have PA, and are trusting God to provide. We believe that He doesn't call us to do anything that is impossible in Him.
We would love help with our fundraising! We can accept donations through paypal, or set something up with our agency.
Thank you so very, very much!
Eric and Bridget MAttson
Thank you for your generous gift! What a wonderful idea!
I have been waiting to adopt my first child through the nsn program for over 3 1/2 years. When CCAA announced their new Special Interest Program for children with special needs. I was very happy and began a concurrent adoption. There are over 4000 children listed online between the China Shared List, agency-specific lists, and from other international programs, but one little girl who is almost 7 years old has grown in my heart and I'm hoping to find out next week if I can lock her file and adopt her; she's been on the list for 11 months now and one other family is looking at her file right now. Her special need is quite severe, but managable, to me. Many, many families have looked at her file and looked away, but I'm the only one begging to lock it and proceed with adoptiong her. If you can, please pray for us. Her need is one that will be with her for her whole life and I want to be by her side to support her as she becomes an adult and realizes the full extent of her special need.
If, for some reason, the other family decides to adopt her, I will diligently seek out another special child to adopt, one with the same need since I'm now so familiar with it and it's something many are afraid of. My goal is to bring this child home in late spring or early summer!
My blog can be read at: http://www.fencingmama.blogspot.com
Happy Holidays and thank you for this opportunity!
Hi, my name is Alicia and my husband is Joe. We are in the process of adopting our 9th child who we found on a special needs list for China. We are naming her Olivia Hope and she is 3 years old. Our precious daughter remained on the list for awhile because her needs were scary to some. I can understand how fearful it can be since we have been on this road before. We have adopted 6 children with special needs in the past 6 years, and No I do not think this will be our last. I am just so thankful we found what was missing in our family, and that would be this little girl. Our family consists of a 26 year old son who came to us domestically at 4 years of age, we adopted twin sons age 16 that were a domestic adoption, then we waited and waited for 10 years before we were blessed by China. Our daughter joined our family at 12 months from Hubei China in 2005, then in 2006 a 20 month old cleft affected son from Guangzhou China joined our family, two months later in 2007 we had a domestic adoption of a drug affected newborn, he is severely delayed and the light of our lives, then in 2008 we brought home an older son aged 7 1/2 from China with Arthrogryposis and burns on his feet, then in 2010 we brought home our son aged 8 years from Guangzhou China who has Achodroplasia Dwarfism. Now as we prepare to bring home our daughter, we give thanks that with each child that becomes a member of our family we become stronger, happier and so fulfilled with what is truly important in our lives. I never would have imagined that I could be so blessed to have so many amazing children. I have just started a blog, (not so good at blogging) but you can see our beautiful kiddos.
http://chasingchinesebutterflies.blogspot.com/
Hi! Sorry about forgetting this info. We have a paypal account. I went ahead and added a "donate" button to my blog. Thanks again! What you are doing is amazing!! God bless!!
Thank you for such loving hearts!
We are Joe and Addie. We have three bio children and 6 adopted. We are in the process of adopting two precious children from China. Our daughter in China has been badly burned and has scars on most of her little face and hands. She is also missing some of her fingers. Our son has spinal bifida (has already had surgery for it) and club feet. We are overjoyed to know they will officially be our children in the near future.
In Jesus, Addie and Joe
graceandpeter.blogsot.com
Hi, We are the Corkern family and we are in the process of adopting two little girls from China. These 2 girls will be our 3rd and 4th adopted children. We adopted our son Cole in 2008 and our daughter Kate in 2009. We are now waiting to bring home Kendall (8 yrs) and Claire (7 yrs).
We do not have a blog but would be happy to share with you our story. We are so blessed to have this opportunity. God bless you!
dscorkern@hotmail.com
Hello! This is Mary and I have already introduced myself and my family a little while ago. We are adopting a 6 year old little girl from China and she will be our 4th adoption. WELL,funny how the Lord works, as we have felt Him lead us directly to a 13 year old girl who will "age out" in August when she turns 14 and will no longer be able to be adopted. WE HAVE SENT IN OUR LETTER OF INTENT TODAY, to bring her home the same time as our Estella! We knew she was meant to be ours when both my husband and I started crying looking at her picture and reading about her life journey so far! So we are now adopting 2 girls!!!! No one even knows yet, except our children, so as soon as we have PreApproval we will announce it to the world! We are TOTALLY relying on our faith here, and I would be lying if I said I was not scared, although I feel His strength and faithfulness everywhere! But 5 adoptions in 4 years is somewhat overwhelming but it is all in His timing and we believe that all will be just fine! Well, just wanted to update you on our adoption journey!
Thanks!
Mary
www.heckyfamilygrowsinlove.blogspot.com
You are helping families leap over obstacles! BEAUTIFUL!
We are the Boltes Family. We became a family of 3 in January when we were united with our son, who was born in Ethiopia.
We are currently waiting to bring home our second son who is in Uganda! He will be 9 months old tomorrow.
We were given a matching grant from Brittany's Hope, so if you would like to help, the website to donate is
http://www.brittanyshope.org/seedling/Boltes/
Your donation towards our adoption will be matched by Brittany's Hope, growing your gift!
Our blog about our family is
http://babyboltes.blogspot.com/
WOW! I am inspired by your family. We have three older bio children in their 20's and four years ago adopted a little girl from China. We are again in the process of adopting, this time a baby girl from China who has a large facial hemangioma along with thalassemia. We, of course, think she is absolutely beautiful. Right now we are saving and praying for opportunities to raise the necessary funds. We are a military family and recently came down on orders to once again move (moving in early January). So that has provided extra opportunities to see God work out all the details and funding of this adoption. Our adoption blog is www.youbelong.net/corbari.
Thank you again for your amazing example.
Denise
Feel free to email me at frostyabcd@yahoo.com to receive the contact information for our adoption agency BAAS to donate in our name.
Thank you,
Bridget
Donna,
Sorry, I am not great with this blogging stuff. I just went and added a donate button to our site. Thank you so much for what you and your family are doing.
Alicia
Post a Comment