Sorry that I have been MIA for so long. Life has been quite challenging for us for a while now. I haven't wanted to blog about the issues because they affect so many people in our home.
Our family is on a journey. We thought this journey began three years ago, but it turns out that part of our course over the last three years was strongly influenced many, many years ago. It just happens that the events of three years ago placed a magnifying glass on some issues that had previously been hidden.
I have spent the last six to nine months reading a lot. Unfortunately, the majority of it has not been for pleasure (though I have discovered Ted Dekker books and have become a fanatic). Most of the reading I have been doing is non-fiction related to a wide range of medical/psychological issues.
What I am learning is that our childhood has a strong influence on us even into our adult lives. While this isn't a big surprise, the way in which it influences us and the extent to which it influences us is quite intriguing. In addition, I am learning a lot about some genetic conditions and heredity.
I am also realizing that if I don't take care of me, no one else will do it for me. I need to take care of myself first, and then I can help those who depend on me. Just like they tell you on the airplane if the oxygen masks deploy. I need to put my oxygen mask on because right now, I am oxygen deprived and I'm not functioning well.
I don't know how much or how little I will be blogging. Just keep us in your prayers as we walk down this road that God has set before us.
1 comment:
Missed your posts. Praying!
Post a Comment