Sunday, March 26, 2006

More Progress

Sunday Evening March 26, 2006 9:00pm
Shari Drake came over to the room for a little bit to visit. Hannah Joy saw the door open and wanted to go out. I could not get her to settle down, so I took her to the playroom. We had been to the playroom 3 other times and all Hannah would do is sit in my lap. Well, this time, she finally got out of my lap and started playing with the toys! More progress!!! She played for a very long time but would come back to me every now and then like she was making sure I was still there. I was afraid to watch her too closely (she was behind me) as I was afraid she would spot me and come back to me. (Of course, I forgot to bring the camera) After probably 30min or more of playing she came over to me and grabbed my fingers and pointed to the door. I got up and she WALKED out the door and down the hall with me a ways!!! The first time she walked for me! She then turned and asked to be picked up. I was so thrilled that she had walked, I was more than happy to pick her up and carry her. I got a big happy smile and some laughs. We came back up to the room and she was just SO happy the entire time. I told her we were going to eat and that made her happy. However, when we got to the room, she was not happy. I think she thought we were going somewhere to eat as this is what we have done so many other times. I tried to offer her everything she liked (oatmeal, banana, bread) but nothing made her happy. So, she had another meltdown. It took a long time for her to finally settle down and then we put on her PJ's. She doesn't like being naked and still insists on wearing her shoes all the time (yes. she sleeps in them). After PJ's, she settled in my lap and finally fell asleep. I put her in the crib for tonight. We'll see how she likes that when she wakes up he first time.

No comments: