Friday, March 31, 2006

We're Home!!

We left the White Swan around 6:30 Thursday morning for our ride to the airport. HJ was not too happy about getting up early and didn't want to eat at breakfast. When we got to the airport, she climbed out of the van on her own! And walked all the way to the ticket counter!!! We got checked in and through security and on the plane. When it was time to take off, she sat in my lap and about 10 minutes later was asleep! She slept until they fed us on the flight. She ate real good and then played a little. She then crawled in my lap and fell asleep again! I was beginning to wonder if she wasn't feeling well, but then I figured out that it was about her normal nap time. When we landed in Tokyo, she continued to sleep until we made it all the way to the gate for our next flight. She then sat and played happily with us until we boarded the plane for Detroit. Once again, at takeoff, she sat in my lap and within 10 min was asleep! To make a long story somewhat shorter, she slept on EVERY flight home the majority of the time. Now I know what you're thinking. This kid is going to really be messed up time wise when we get home. Well, If I thought I could have woken her up I would, but everytime she woke a little, she was right back out cold! (Now if I could just figure out how to get her to go to sleep at home!)

Our flights were good. Some turbulence on the flight to Detroit but not bad. CP and I both slept some. When we arrived in O-town, our neighbor was there to meet us a baggage claim. As expected, HJ did NOT want to be in the carseat. It took both CP and I to get her strapped in. She fussed, cried, and screamed for about 15min then realized it wasn't doing any good and settled down. We got home and she just watched everyone for a few minutes. Then, she kind of settled in as we showed her around the house. It wasn't long and she wanted down on the floor and was playing with the kids! She is cautious about Hambone (our 12lb poodle) but isn't petrified. After a while, we got AT and ST in bed; JA just couldn't sleep and wanted to be with his new little sister. Well, HJ has taken to him like a duck to water. She was sitting in his lap and voluntarily gave him a bunch of kisses and hugs!

We had a hard time getting her to sleep (no surprise) and CP had to take her for a walk around the neighborhood. She finally fell asleep around 1:00am. We put her in her bed and she slept until about 3:30am. She was awake and I played with her until around 5:00am. Then she and I both crashed on my bed. I was awakened at 1:30pm by the phone ringing and she is still sleeping (we're going to wake her when I 'm done with the blog) CP got up around 11:00am and the kids are doing well. My parents are here and we'll take them home tomorrow or Sun. Well, got to go for now. I'll upload more pictures later today or tomorrow (we asked our neighbor to buy a camera for us and bring to the airport so we would have pix of when we first got home)

4 comments:

The Lucky Ones said...

Welcome Home!!! So glad to hear your flights were relatively painless (can that much flying time be painless?!!) and that you are home safe & sound.

Can't wait to meet Hannah and congratulate you in person!

Melissa
Lucky Mama to Kate

Mom 2 Meizhi and Kiomi said...

Good to hear your flights home were calm and that Hannah Joy traveled well. Post photos when u can. And Welcome to America Hannah Joy!

Erin&Rich

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

WELCOME BACK TO FLORIDA!!! Nice to hear how things are going at home...sounds like so far, so good... cannot wait to meet you and Hannah one day... like I have said... come on down to Publix (Melb Bch) sometime. I have been reading about this little girl for a long, long time now... Have fun settling in!!!

Kate said...

Welcome back and congratulations again to your family!

Kate