With a family of four kids, you look for the best way to save money. So, instead of going out for Mother's Day on Sunday, we chose to go to my favorite place (Te*as Ro*dhouse) tonight since kids eat free on Mondays.
Since it was Kids' Night, they had crafts, balloons and fingerprinting (think Amber Alert) for the kids. We got all four kids fingerprinted since we hadn't done this except once before when JA was 3! The funny thing was, CP needed to get his fingerprints for one of our clearances and he had been told by two local police departments that they only did it on Thursdays. I mentioned this to the man fingerprinting the kids and he said he could do it except he didn't have the fingerprint card. I said "No problem - we have it; it's just at the house" He told me to have CP just come back later tonight and he would do it for free. The PD charges $10.
So, we finished dinner and drove home. CP got his fingerprint card and went back to TR and got fingerprinted!!! He offered to give the man the $10 but he refused! Ain't God good!!!!
1 comment:
That is WONDERFUL!
There truly are so many nice people all around us!
We are really trying to take advantage of KEF nights too. We don't eat out much either, but with 3 kids and 2 more on the way … we have to get creative!
Our Chick*Fil*A has KEF but they only allow one kids' meal per adult. I told The Prez that we can bring all of the grandparents and have each one of them order a free kids' meal! LOL! Not sure the g-parents will go along, but it is a good thought!
I am loving reading your journey to HSing posts btw. If I had known of RC before, we might have looked into it more. I am using many of the same books you mention (and they recommend) with our children too.
Can't wait to see if you get some updates pics from Ann! :)))
Post a Comment