Three years ago, I went to Ukraine with our church on a mission trip. The main purpose of this mission trip was to build 103 beds for kids at an orphanage. We had a missionary in country who had been working with this orphanage for quite some time and had seen the desparate need for new beds for these kids.

Eight of us flew to Ukraine for this purpose, however, one of our group members fell to Traveller's Sickness, leaving only seven of us plus our in country missionary to build 103 beds. Now, what I didn't know before going over there is in Ukraine, you don't just go down to the lumber yard and purchase 2 x 4s and 2 x 6s like we do here. Everything is rough-cut and must be trimmed/sanded down to the needed size. I thought to myself, "How on God's green earth are eight of us (4 women, 4 men) going to do ALL the work needed to build and paint 103 beds in the 3 days we have allotted?" Little did I know what God had in mind.
When the lumber yard owner heard about these Americans coming to Ukraine to build beds for the orphans, he was amazed. He didn't understand why the Ukrainians weren't taking care of their own children. God touched his heart in a mighty way. Not only did he deliver the lumber as ordered, he had trimmed/sanded it all to finished size. Praise God! Even more, he had pre-assembled the foot-boards and headboards and already mounted the L-brackets to the side rails for us!!! WOW!!!
In my Memorial Box will go a picture of the finished beds.

Eight of us flew to Ukraine for this purpose, however, one of our group members fell to Traveller's Sickness, leaving only seven of us plus our in country missionary to build 103 beds. Now, what I didn't know before going over there is in Ukraine, you don't just go down to the lumber yard and purchase 2 x 4s and 2 x 6s like we do here. Everything is rough-cut and must be trimmed/sanded down to the needed size. I thought to myself, "How on God's green earth are eight of us (4 women, 4 men) going to do ALL the work needed to build and paint 103 beds in the 3 days we have allotted?" Little did I know what God had in mind.
When the lumber yard owner heard about these Americans coming to Ukraine to build beds for the orphans, he was amazed. He didn't understand why the Ukrainians weren't taking care of their own children. God touched his heart in a mighty way. Not only did he deliver the lumber as ordered, he had trimmed/sanded it all to finished size. Praise God! Even more, he had pre-assembled the foot-boards and headboards and already mounted the L-brackets to the side rails for us!!! WOW!!!
In my Memorial Box will go a picture of the finished beds.


1 comment:
Beautiful, beautiful story. I started to cry when I saw the completed 103 beds. I've been on mission trips to Guatemala and seen God provide the "impossible" over and over.
God bless you for your obedience to care for orphans through missions work and through adoption.
Thanks for sharing your MBM story. It was such an encouragement to me today.
Much Love,
Kathie
Post a Comment