Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Bucket Prayers

The other day, I read a wonderful post over at A Place Called Simplicity.  At the bottom of the post was a quote from Nancy Spiegelberg.  I've put it here: 

"Lord, I crawled across the bareness to you with my empty cup, uncertain in asking any small drop of refreshment. If only I'd known you better I'd have come running with a bucket."

I decided  that I need to pray more "bucket prayers". You know, those B-I-G prayers that only God can answer.  We did this before starting DJ's adoption and I'm here now to pray another bucket prayer. 

According to the statistical data for timelines for Waiting Child adoptions from China right now, our estimated travel date is Feb 2011.  I am asking God to speed things up for us and allow us to travel and bring DJ home before the end of 2010! 

A verse that comforted me a lot during the wait for HJ was Psalm 37:4  "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."  I am trusting in God for him to fulfill this verse in our lives.  I know that God doesn't want DJ waiting in that orphanage any longer than he has too (and he's already waited WAY too long).  God also tells us in James 4:2  "You do not have, because you do not ask God."  So here I am asking... 

What are you asking God for in your life? 

2 comments:

Beth Gore said...

Psalm 23 always stuck me with "My cup overflows". Doesn't God know how big our cup is? Of course! So He gives us more than enough and we are to operate in the overflow. So I'm always asking God to make my cup bigger ... into a bucket ... a bigger bucket, etc.

Blessings to you! Our prayers are added with yours.

Mom to Mine said...

I'm asking for the rest of the money we need to complete our adoption :)