Friday, October 22, 2010

Radical Challenge

I read the book Radical by David Platt a few months ago and watched the sermon series back in January.  I have been really challenged by this and am trying to find more ways to act out my faith in my community.  The other morning on my way to work, I had this radical idea and I want to challenge you to join me.

Are you ready to be radical??????





Really ready????





Ok, here goes......





I am going to color my hair W-H-I-T-E for the entire month of November. 

Why you ask???

Because November is National Adoption Awareness Month and white is the color for adoption.  I'm also planning on wearing a button that says, "Ask me why my hair is white!" 

I might even start a little early since we are going to the Steven Curtis Chapman concert on 10/30 to help in the Show Hope booth.

Are you Radical???

Will you join me???? 

If you do, post a link to a picture of you in my comments!  I"ll be sure to post a picture of me when I get the deed done.

4 comments:

Mom to Mine said...

Wow now that is radical!! I just bought that book and hope to read it in Ukraine. Our adoption month awareness act is going to be ADOPTING! :)

Wife of the Pres. said...

Oh my word!

You are a brave woman!!!

How did you find out white is the color for adoption? Just curious. I'd never heard that before.

At least it is not red or orange!

I guess your boss is cool, huh?

Becky said...

hhmmmmm I'm not sure I'm that brave! I'll have to give that one some thought. LOL My poor husband would have a heartache!!!

Mom2Six said...

I asked on WSNCC about the color for adoption - and then found it on Wikipedia.

I did check with my boss and HR to make sure they were OK and they both gave me the go ahead!