Long Johns for me, CP and JA
(on sale online at Kohl's)
(on sale online at Kohl's)
(have you seen the weather in Beijing!!!!)
Sheets for the boys' bunk beds
(from Wal-Mart)
(from Wal-Mart)
ok, they are really green, but this was a nice picture on the web!
Swing Arm Lamps for the boys' bunk beds
(on sale online at Office Depot)
(on sale online at Office Depot)
for reading in bed
Nintendo DSi's
(used on e-bay)
(used on e-bay)
to keep them busy on the plane ride home
I had originally planned on purchasing Nintendo DS's, a camera and an MP3 player for them - until I found out that the DSi comes with all three!!! Then I found out the DSi's connect to the internet - not so happy about that. But then I found out there are parental controls. YEA!!! So, for less that the price of all three items, they boys now have something to keep them busy and occupied!
AND
I bought me
an iPod touch!
(used on e-bay)
Ok, this is going to be used with the Jibbigo app as a translator for the boys. I was hoping to buy a used translator from someone on the AOK board, but nobody had one to sell. When I started looking around, the used ones online were just as much as the ipod touch. Since the Jibbigo app came so highly recommended and the ipod can be used for SO MANY MORE things than just translating, I decided to purchase one of these. Besides when (if) I decide to sell it, it will have a bigger market than the translator.
1 comment:
YAY on all the great finds for your guys!! It's fun to get those items crossed off, huh? Makes it more real that they are coming home! I did NOT know that about the DSi's...of course we are quite techno challenged here and don't have the latest gadgets. That's an idea though for Kaylin and Kaleb if we are able to find them on ebay and if we find the extra money before travel. Gotta check it out. :)
Post a Comment