Monday, February 14, 2011

GW Personality Shining Through

We are continuing to see more of GW's personality shine through.  Today, he pulled out his MP3 player and asked me to charge it for him.  It took me a minute to figure out all I needed was a USB cable, but that did the trick.  Later today, he was listening to it and singing along :-)  Then this evening, he was listening on one earbud and JA had the other earbud in his ear. 
 
He is not shy about telling us no for things that don't really matter.  We were going to play Uno this afternoon, but GW wanted to listen to his music.  When I asked him to join us, he shook his head and said no.  That was fine with me.  He did help explain the game to TJ and we had a fun time playing with him.
 
I pulled out the Legos this evening and GW ended up joining JA and myself for a while.  TJ was still engrossed in the Nintendo DS.  He was using JA's as we have discovered that the DS's won't charge here.  So, GWs and TJ's have already run down.  Maybe that's a good thing :-) 
 
TJ seems to be a bit wired.  I'm not sure if that's because it is his personality or he is the "Dizzy Performer" when dealing with all of the changes.  He was getting way ahead of us while walking, but after some instruction via the translator, he has done much better.  Dinner went well,  we walked over to Aqua City and found a restaurant over there with English and pictures on the menu.  We walked around a little to let the boys burn off some energy, but it was much colder tonight than last night, so we didn't stay long. 
 
TJ  is quite the talker.  He is talking quite a bit to GW and GW is responding.  They are already all acting like brothers.  Since it snowed here more today, they were making snowballs and throwing them at each other.  They also are rough-housing and wrestling and tackling each other.  When we first got to our room, CP asked him to come over and take a look at the view (11th floor),  TJ didn't want to get near the window.  He said he was afraid of heights.  But later this evening, he came over and looked out and spent a little time with BaBa. 
 
JA is having a rough time of it today.  I'm not sure if it's just overwhelming for him all that is happening or if its because GW and TJ have been getting so much attention or if it's because he is getting corrected for a few things while GW and TJ are getting away with some stuff.  Anyway, please pray for him to settle in and find his place.  I think he is feeling a little left out since TJ and GW have hit it off so well.  I would like to find some time for a little one-on-one with him.  Maybe, he and I can take a walk tomorrow.
 
Tomorrow is the finalization of the adoption.  I'm not sure if we are going to his CWI tomorrow or Wed, but I know it will be a good day. 
 
I did get somewhat teary today when I was telling our guide about GW's CWI not letting us take pictures of him with his buddies.  It is very sad for me to not have this little piece of his first 14 yrs for him.  TJ's CWI will let us take pictures of him and his buddies.  School is back in so we will get to meet his schoolmates also.
 
On a side note, there were two other families at the Civil Affairs office with us today.  They are with AWAA and both got little boys!!! It was so exciting to see the new families being formed. 
 


TV dinner still cooling?
Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.

1 comment:

Wife of the Pres. said...

Sorry I wasn't leaving comments b/c I thought they weren't going through.

I have been reading though!

Did you get my email? I am thinking it didn't go through.

I can so relate to what you're saying about the history/lack of photos and photos for one and not others. Joel has so much and tonight even talked to China Mama and Baba on the phone.

S and LIttle J have no connections like that. And they know it especially S who says "it not fair" when I tell her we can't call her China Mama b/c we don't know her. :(((

As for JA, I will definitely pray. This was a big problem for our younger J when we got home. he couldn't understand why some things he wasn't allowed to do were not punished in the same way. Now J knows the house rules, but at first it was different.

AS for the AW family, I wish I knew who they were but the AW group is not active anymore. How old are their sons? That is wonderful to hear! Two more sons coming home! Hey we need a yahoo group for families adopting two SONS at the same time! :)

I am so excited things are going as well as they are for you all.

How are your children back home doing? And your FIL? ;) Take care Donna and enjoy GUZ! I know you will. I hope you get to meet some RQ buddies while there.

:) Leslie