Thursday, February 10, 2011

He called me Mama!!!

Last night when it was time for bed, I gave JA a big hug and kiss.  GW was standing next to us, so I asked him for a hug.  He reached out and hugged me and said on his own "Wan an, mama"  My heart melted!!!! 
 
He told our friend who was over the other night that he normally goes to sleep at midnight and gets up at six.  Well, he's been falling asleep between 10 and 11 and sleeping until 7:30.  I'm sure he needs the rest on many fronts.  Yesterday, we wore him out walking around Green Lake Park.  When we got back to the room, he laid down on his bed and promptly fell asleep. 
 
So far, things have gone amazingly well.  The prayers are truly making a difference.  Please keep them coming!

12 comments:

Standinginhislight said...

Thanks so much for sharing this journey...
continuing to pray..
~Sheri

Kathleen said...

Amazing! So happy for you and your family. Mama! Wonderful. I can only imagine how you felt! Praying for your next moments together!

Eva Domkowski said...

How incredibly awesome! My heart swelled when I read your last post. Sending up prayers on your behalf constantly....and I meant it dear friend. What a strange feeling when you actually see your friends half way around the world instead of at home. LOL. Your trip makes me miss China even more.

Keep the posts and photos coming. I love hearing about how you're doing and can't wait for ya to make it home. Miss you guys!

Debbie said...

Awesome! Praise God!

Jennifer said...

That's really cool! We will keep praying for everything! I really like the pictures you've been taking. Can't wait to see #6 ;-) Be safe!

Jennifer

adoption resource said...

How incredibly exciting!!! I'm so happy for all of you.

adoption resource said...

Sorry, I didn't sign my name. The last comment was from Suzanne.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Oh how precious!!! I know your heart really melted! I am SO JOY-FILLED for GW and your whole family. Absolutely amazing miracle!!!

OK, have to share that the word verification below is "failLESS" spelled just like that! I know, not a word but FAILLESS as in will not fail?! LOVE IT!!!

Oh and please tell us how JA is doing if he doesn't mind you sharing. Is he taking it all in stride?

asian~treasures said...

SOOO precious to hear those words anyway, but just days after he joined his forever family...PRICELESS!!

Thanks so much for letting us tag along on your journey!

Eileen said...

What a sweet boy!

Difference2This1 said...

Love it!!!! :) Prayers for continued blessings on this trip!!

One Happy Momma said...

That is so exciting that he called you Mama!

I am so enjoying being back in Kunming through your time there.

I noticed in your pictures of the boys walking, there is the yellow raised sidewalk next to them, when we were there, our guide told us it was for the blind.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

God bless -

Cathy