I realize I haven't posted much specifically on TJ. It hasn't been so much of an intentional oversight, just that his adjustment/bonding process is going more slowly than GWs. This is actually different from what I had expected given what (little) I know about their backgrounds.
TJ is actually doing very well. He smiles almost all the time. He loves playing games. He gets along pretty well with all of the other kids, but does get annoying at times. He will play with the girls some, but prefers to hang with the boys and especially GW.
He accepts our offers of affection, but doesn't give affection in return. This is a little tough on me. I think though that he is just putting up a tough front while trying to protect the wonderful sweet boy in side. He is slowly learning English and said his first complete sentence yesterday - "I like ketchup!"
He is learning to read English and is doing quite well. His math skills are also impressive. He asks tons of questions at Bible study and the older kids there really like him.
He is still learning about boundaries, but he handles correction very well. We have been very blessed that there have been no tantrums, rages, or other outbursts. He loves to ride his bike and will ask GW to go with him to ride around the neighborhood. He likes to play with Legos, but would much rather be playing on the computer or on the DS.
He is finally willing to watch a movie that doesn't have Chinese subtitles - I'm hoping that will help him with his English!
Overall, he is a great kid and I am proud to be his mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment