Saturday, November 12, 2011

Another "typical" Saturday

When I got up this morning, I only had two things to do - go get my car (YEA!) and watch University of Miami play Florida State at 3:30 (Go Canes!).  


Then shortly after I got up, Dad reminded me that I needed to take him to church for a Sr. outing.  Oh, yeah - I forgot.  So,  off we went at 8:45.  I dropped him off at 9:00 and then decided to head to work (since I was so close) and pick up something I had forgotten yesterday.  Then I headed to drop off the rental car.  Except when I got there, the rental car agency wasn't there anymore. Fortunately, the folks there told me they were just up the street. So, off I went again.

Fortunately, the rental car stop was fairly quick and very painless (since the other lady's insurance was paying for it all).  They took me to the body shop to get my car.  That didn't take long either, but they had forgotten to have the oil changed in my car (our mechanic is right next door) while it was there.  So I stopped at the mechanic's, but they can't change the oil until Monday morning.

Then it was home where CP had started cleaning out some closets and putting things in the garage for me to go through in prep for our move.  We started working through some stuff and then our friend Mr. E came over.  It was about lunch time, so we stopped and had lunch and then CP had to head off to a meeting.

CP was working the camera for the Watercolor Society where we live which he has done many times before.  Except this time, there was a projector involved and he is not as familiar with those.  So, he called me to come help.  It took me an hour and a half to help get things straightened out.


I returned back to the house and talked with Mr. E some and then proceeded to tackle the pile in the garage again.  About 10 minutes into that, I got a phone call from Dad.  He was back already; he wasn't supposed to be back until 4:30 but he was back at 3:00.  So, off I went again to get Dad.

On the way there, he called me again and said he had been invited to dinner.  I was about to get upset thinking that I had driven halfway there and then he managed to get a ride.  However, it was friends who live close to  home.  So I brought him home to change clothes and then they came and picked him up.


So, it is now nearly 5:00pm and I have seen about 5 min of the game and have gotten hardly anything done in terms of going through stuff.

Oh yeah, and I still have to take the girls out for ice cream for their birthday tonight.  My mom sent them money to go out for ice cream so that is how I'll finish off my evening.


And if you've managed to make it this far, we finally got the bank approval on the house.   More about that later.

No comments: