ARRGGGHHH!!!! Oh, I'm so frustrated. We've had our house on the market since the first of the year. It looks great, but has some nicks and dings. We've had TONS of showings - for which I am grateful. All the feedback we have been getting is positive.
But NOT ONE SINGLE OFFER!!!!!
What is so frustrating is that two other comparable homes in our neighborhood have gone on the market recently and they both had contracts within days!
I'm sure their homes have the same nicks and dings that our house has. They just can't be seen since they are still living in them. ALL the tiny flaws are visible at our house because there is no furniture, wall-hangings, clothes, or food to cover them up.
It makes me think the house would have sold quicker if we had still been living in it.
With six home-schooled kids!?!?!? Probably not.
Anyway, the next step for us is to fix all the silly little nicks and dings (and paint a few rooms a more neutral color - what's wrong with pink in one room and blue in the other?).
Praying it will sell shortly after that.
6 comments:
I know how frustrating it can be. When we were trying to sell our house we had showings, and people gave their comments but no offers. For 6 months. So we painted every room a neutral color and put new carpet in and literally, when Bill was walking out the front door to clean the paint brushes, after the last wall was painted, a buyer came in and made an offer.
Hang in there. I'll be praying for a good buyer to come in soon!
When we were trying to sell our house we had the same problem. Our house was on the market for months and months without any offers. So my mom hired a house specialist lady (i cant remember what they're called) to come and look over our house and give us points on what to fix and make our house more "appealing" to buyers. A few major things she had said that we do was paint the room neutral colors. like beige and a pale pink or something. In your face colors like blue or purple or green weren't house buyer friendly according to her. Another thing was to make the room look as spacious as it can. So any extra things out in the room, see if you can store them in a shed or a small storage unit until they're needed. Also anything that can be put into containers in your closet, do it. I had a bunch of stuff on the shelves of my closet, and my mom went to walmart and bought a bunch of buckets that had lids on them for us to store our stuff with. It will make the closet look bigger, and also organized.
I hope these little tips help! If you have any questions email me and i'll see if i can answer them (:
I pray that your house sells soon!
Lord, I ask that you send a qualified buyer soon to Donna' house. In Jesus Name,
Amen
Yeah I don't get the paint color issue, b/c it is an easy fix. I always wonder why homebuyers wouldn't rather get to choose the new color themselves but it seems it sells better if freshly painted BLAH colors.
I know around here some people just offer a gift certificate with an area house painter in the home sell. If you could do that rather than paint, could say you time and probably come out about the same on cost (considering your time).
As for the nicks and dings, I think you are right on that empty it doesn't show as well. I guess you could try a bit of staging, like any of us have extra furniture setting around--with six kids LOL!
We once had two homes and it was nerve-wracking. We were able to sell the first one in about 6 weeks, but it was in the dead of winter and the heating bills on two were TOUGH. Here's praying it sells soon!
Hope the paint does the trick!
Call around to some realtors in your area and ask if they do staging. If someone stages it nicely (rented furnishings), it should sell quickly.
Post a Comment