The most frustrating thing was all I needed to do was cross the street and I would have been happily on my way home from church. As it was, I sat 4 cars from said street for an HOUR while waiting for this very important person to finally go speeding down the road at 60-70 mph.
I did try to turn lemons into lemonade. You see, while we waited, we discussed the following:
the very important person,
his special group of law enforcement officers (they are a very secret bunch),
why security is so important,
methods of protection for this very important person
four former very important people who were assassinated
the people convicted/charged with their assassination
attempted assassinations on these very important people
So, I figure this counts as 1 hr of American History for our high school curriculum.
2 comments:
I'm sorry you got stuck in that! That person has caused massive traffic jams in our city too.
Oh, my, what an experience! But I bet it makes history and current social/political situations come alive for the kids you were stuck with!
Post a Comment