Saturday, January 08, 2011

Prayer Requests and more "Red Threads"

Here are some specific prayer requests for us as we move through this process
  • That our paperwork gets through USCIS quickly- we can expedite everything from the I-800 on, but it has to sit in the lockbox for 2 WEEKS before it can be worked on.
  • that our passports/visas make it to Chicago and back quickly and safely
  • that we can get both boys the same week rather than having to take an extra week
  • That we can get reasonable cost flights out of our local airport rather than an airport 1 hr away
  • that we can get a Consulate Appointment when we want it (i.e. 2/15 or 2/16)
  • that the boys get along well
  • that their transition goes smoothly (I have heard that neither SWI tells the kids ahead of time what is happening)
  • that our kids transition smoothly
I forgot to mention in the last post something that happened right after CP said "Yes".  Shortly after he called me at work to say "Yes", he called a friend of ours.  He told her about the upcoming adoption(s) and she offered us her son's bunk beds!!!! She said her son really doesn't like them and wants just a regular bed.  We had bought a bed for TJ, but of course, now needed another for GW.  And God supplied it right after we said "Yes"  -  How awesome is that!!!

Yesterday, I was talking to a friend at work who is from China about the upcoming adoptions.  When I told her we would be going to Jiangsu, she let me know that she is from Shanghai and will be in China over Chinese New Year!  She even offered me her Chinese cell phone number in case we need anything.  She also reminded me that another mutual friend from China is from Beijing and will be there when we will be also! 

Then today, I got an e-mail from one of our 24 Days of Giving families.  She had figured out from some yahoo group posts of mine that Guan Wei is in the same province as the River of Grace foster home - and they will be there visiting when we are there to adopt Guan Wei!  We will get to meet them!!!!

God continues to amaze me with his provision and connection for this last minute leap of faith in obedience to his call. 
And just for the fun of it, last night I photoshopped GW and TJ into a picture we took of our four kids at home.  (It's not the best - but we just got PhotoShop for Christmas!)


2 comments:

Karis said...

All of your kids are so beautiful and handsome -- every one fits in perfectly :). I'm praying for you and your family and am finding myself visiting your blog several times a day just to revel in the joy and awesomeness of your story. My prayers will be unceasing in the upcoming days and weeks. Thank you so much for sharing these prayer requests and know that *MANY* are bringing your needs before our heavenly father. You have quite a large cheering squad :). Love and hugs!

Amy said...

I am praying for you! That is so great about the red threads and the bunk beds. We are looking for bunk beds too although we have a lot more time than you do to find them and we should definitely wait for PA. I had been wanting another desk for homeschooling purposes with our soon to be increasing numbers and someone at my husband's work gave a really nice one to us last week. I love how God provides!