We are already back from the Consulate. From our end, the process wasn't any different than I remembered. (Except that the room we went in was much smaller than I remembered) and we had to take GW's fingerprints because he is over 14. Otherwise, paperwork was filled out and then we had our oath. We got to meet the director who administered the oath to us and I was able to thank them for all they did to help us get everything we needed for GW. Then, since the boys could, they had them sign the DS-230 forms! That was interesting and somewhat unexpected. Both boys did so with no issues and the director commented on how good TJ's handwriting is. I told her that he had received an award at school for his writing.
Then GW needed to have his fingerprints taken since he is over 14. He has really long fingers and I had to keep asking him to slide his fingers down so the ends of his fingers could be printed. They had a problem getting his left fingers to register, but they finally did. Then we were done! Since our guide needed to stay and finish up the paperwork for the other families, we took a taxi back to the hotel.
1 comment:
Congratulations!
Post a Comment