Monday, July 01, 2013

Hiatus

n.:  A gap or interruption in space, time, or continuity; a break

Sorry for the long delay in posting.  Life with six kids keeps us hopping, and I don't have much time for blogging.  I do have some time during lunch at work (like now), but I don't have pictures available.  So, you'll just have to live with text.  

Since my last post, here is what we've done:

Finished school for the year - of course, this is somewhat of a misnomer since we school year round.  However, we are taking a four week break rather than our usual two this time (more on that later).

BJ, JA, AT, and TJ all started their summer basketball league.  Practices on Wed and Thursday nights and games on Saturday and Sunday!

JA and AT went to their Boy Scout Camp.  They both worked on some Eagle required merit badges and both were able to earn their Star rank the Monday that they returned.  

BJ, JA, AT, and TJ have all started Summer Youth Band.  BJ and JA are playing trombone, AT is playing trumpet and TJ is playing clarinet.  This lasts 4 weeks (hence our longer than usual break) with a concert at the end.

SG and HJ both earned 3 merit badges for their American Heritage Girls (though for the life of me, I can't remember which ones!).  SG is also working on her Swimming Merit Badge this summer.

TJ went away for a week at camp with church.  He was gone from Monday morning until Friday afternoon.  I haven't gotten a full debrief from him yet, but he had an AWESOME time.  They totally wore him out (about 4 hrs of sleep each night) so he was moving really slow on Friday night and Saturday.  He found his energy in time for his basketball game on Sunday though.

JA will be swimming with our local high school this upcoming year and they have started their conditioning program which is 3 days a week.  CP drops him off at the school and I pick him up on the way home from work.

JA also started volunteering at our local hospital.  He is really liking this so far and will continue this for the foreseeable future.

BJ, JA and AT carried flags in our church's Freedom Celebration on Sunday.  I cried when I saw BJ walking across the front of the church carrying the American flag.  AT also played piano with the youth band during the service.  

SG, HJ and I met our good friends at the airport when they came home with their newest daughter.  She is a hoot and I can't wait to spend more time with her.  

So, as you can see, I don't have much time to get on the computer to do anything.  And if I do, its usually to do something for someone else in the family.  My computer time is mainly on the iPad in the morning between 6am and 7am when I am awake, but not coherent enough to do more than read through some e-mails.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up a little better from now on.

No comments: