Today we went to the Guangzhou Zoo. It turned out we were the only family from our group that went so we had a "private" tour. TJ told us he had been to a zoo before and GW was just generally bored. :-( We rode a shuttle around the zoo to get an overview and then walked to the places we wanted to see. The place that TJ was most interested in was the Amusement Park area. We weren't sure what this was as many of the "amusement parks" are geared for younger kids. However, when we got there, there was a small roller coaster there. (Think good for kids 3 and up). TJ, JA and I rode it and TJ LOVED it!!!! He wanted to ride again, so for the non-budget busting price of $1.75, we said "Yes!" Then we found a U-shaped ride where two people face each other. JA and TJ rode that and JA said it was fun but scary. Then TJ, JA and I rode the bumper cars and another roller coaster (smaller/shorter than the first). Finally, another roller coaster for TJ and JA.
Unfortunately, I hardly have any pictures because I forgot to recharge the batteries after our night on the cruise and we forgot to bring JA's camera and the video camera. We have a few, but I haven't uploaded them yet.
We spent the afternoon hanging out around the room. I went and bought another suitcase for the load of book I'm planning on purchasing tomorrow. Then we ate dinner in our room and packed. In the morning, we go to the bookstore and then need to be ready to leave for the airport at 2:00pm. We have to stop by the Consulate on the way to get GW and TJ's passports - complete with Visas. Then it is off to Beijing for the last leg of our journey.
So far, we drove
72 miles to get from home to the airport, then flew
935 miles to get from our home airport to Newark, NJ, then flew
6,840 miles to get from Newark to Beijing, then
1,297 miles from Beijing to Kunming, then
1,088 miles from Kunming to Nanjing, then
703 miles from Nanjing to Guangzhou, then tomorrow we fly
1,173 miles from Guangzhou to Beijing. Then on 2/28 we fly
6,840 miles from Beijing to Newark and the boys become US Citizens!!! Then
935 miles from Newark to our home airport then
72 miles from the airport to home for a total of
19,955 miles round trip!!!!!
Of course, that doesn't include our driving around each city and our trip from Nanjing to Changzhou.
No comments:
Post a Comment